Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In The Anticipation of Nostalgia

‘It’s total rubbish. People who want to show off (of what exactly?) have invented and utilize this thing. I am not going to do it.’

This was my reply in 2008. Typical of me. After being unsuccessful in keeping up with mounting pressures of writing a blog, I confessed to myself that this stuff- blogging - makes no sense. So somewhere on the same website lies my dead blogger account. Should have used that only, but why call haunting evils back?

However, like every time you think in optional circumstances, I found myself thinking about the correctness of my decision. For the time being (I guess and hope not in future), the decision needs to be revisited. So, here I start. But in first place, why?

Blogging, I believe, is a kind of public diary. People must be writing something in diary that they don’t want others to know. Here, they want people to know. One reason. Next could be the fact that one thinks of 100s of things in a day. And if you want to remember what you thought on June the 23rd, there’s no particular way to get back to it, I guess. And when you put it down somewhere, you try to structure the vague thoughts to some conclusive shape. So, my second reason is to put down the arbit functioning of my brain in some structural form.

Third, every one of us has a particular opinion about multiple fields. Politics, education, economy, relationships, music, aspirations and n number of other things. It would rather be interesting to know how one has developed his own beliefs. So it’s the history of evolution of yourself. Third reason.

Fourth, I love writing. Although, I m too lazy to be carrying out it frequently, but there’s always a tomorrow. Who doesn’t want to be a Tolstoy or a Pu.La.?

So be it. These days are wonderful. Let them be trapped.

1 comment:

  1. wow dude.........i like writing too........n was tooooooo lazy to start anything serious....like a dairy or smthing........but...wow....how cn 2 ppl be so similar.........beats me........

    ReplyDelete