Friday, November 20, 2009

Idiots, go for it!!

Read the news recently that number of CAT'10 applicants have actually gone down as compared to last year. And, as u don't need to be a rocket-scientist to pass a judgment, its being attributed to the slump. Further, I get a call from someone who asks me, 'is it ok if I go for M-Tech, as in would I get a good pay?' Trust me, this guy wanted to work for an investment bank until recently. So I asked, why?

Reply: Who would wanna throw himself to such a risky field?

Hah!

Now that my batch, batch'09 of MBAs, is experienced enough, it would surely tell you that timing could not be better than this year to enter (presumably, stud!!) MBA world. For following reasons:
A. 2 years down the lane, job market wouldn't be bad. In fact, it would be sparkling.
B. You'll get recruited at the upsurge of a business cycle, so you get enough time to settle down before you face a (next) business downturn
C. Chances are, you will enter a company that has survived the downturn. It has got something in it. (Although this third arguement is third-class.)

So, guys, go for it!!

(And on top of it, if you think that other Post Grad courses have not been affected by downturn, better get some Cerelac and Huggies for yourself!!)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Mr Zeus ! I fully agree. This is the best time to invest in studies. I also echo your opinion about other post-grad courses. Other fields, the best example being Software Industry, too felt the heat of recession to a large extent, not as much as Finance Industry felt though. But the mantra is simple: More risk, more Mulah !

    ReplyDelete