Wednesday, December 23, 2009

THE WORST BARGAINER

(So many days, and almost no post? You gotta be working buddy!!)

Heres a small story I wrote during Rainy season'09. Putting it only for the fact that I dont want December month to show only one post. So gone back to June'09.


THE WORST BARGAINER
Chandrashekhar Mahajan
June 26, 2009

It was raining quite heavily today in Sion. Just like start of any rainy season, there were (smart/ignorant/forgetful) people or speculators who did not have umbrella with them. So, some asked for help and got into other people’s umbrella.

Funny thing is that there is always a smarter species on planet. No matter what. One, belonging to that species, just spread a plastic regzine (hows it spelled?) on foot path and started selling umbrella. Before today, I hardly ever saw that person. What a timing to start a business. He could be a good trader!! Lets call him D.

So fourth species animals (1st : ones who got umbrella, 2nd : who got into others’ umbrella, 3rd: umbrella seller) were the ones who decided to buy an umbrella. They went right to this small show room of D for purchasing an umbrella.

Now there was this girl (U), generally you wud give A+ to, went to this ‘shop’ and asked for umbrella. I don’t know what price D quoted but the girl was heard saying- 'nahi bhaiya, aap jyada bol rahe ho, 200 ke upar nahi dungi'. The girl had at least 7 layers of different chemicals on her face which girls would term as make-up and a good dress (the one we wud never buy in our salaries for anybody I guess!). So she needed umbrella badly. And now there was one more girl, generally you wud give B- to, apparently U’s friend, was repeatedly heard saying- 'Are jaldi chal na yaar, we are already late'. And D was smiling in his chicks, oops I mean, cheeks.

I don’t know what made me cross that place at a speed of 0.3 times my original speed, but seems like at least two people had made their day.
D and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment